Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Identity

So, I have taken on a new name. I am now Jenifer Nicole Crotts Wims Sullivan. I constantly find myself pausing when I identify myself on a phone call, depending on who the phone call recipient is. "Hi, this is Jenny ummm.... Wims" or "this is Jenny ummm....Sullivan." I'm not sure why it bothers me if the other person on the other line has to pause for a bit to figure out who I am....but I hate to hear them squirm so I try to make it as easy on them as possible. :) Maybe if my first name was more unique, like Natalie or Tabitha, then I wouldn't think about it so much because everyone could assume...of course, it's Tabitha! But, my mom & dad decided to give me the most popular baby girl name from the 70's through the early 80's. So, when I go changing my last name it just gets everyone confused...including me. :)

One night a few months ago, I was rocking Chloe and reading her bedtime stories. After the first book I asked her, "who is your brother Chloe?"
C: Bubba
J: Who is your sister?
C: KK
J: Who is your daddy?
C: Brady.....Wims :)

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with this too! I changed my name when I got married but for many reasons use my maiden name at work. I always have to think about what name people know me as. I say embrace your new name and go with it. If people hesitate say wims.

    ReplyDelete