Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Sweet Son

I woke up the other morning at 8:00...it is unheard of these days for me to sleep past 6:15 so I welcomed 8am with great excitement! Once I got going, I realized that Zeke had both girls in the playroom, entertaining them. He later told me that they all woke up around 6:30 but he had managed to keep them content for an hour and a half with games, toys, and tv. I was so proud of him for being so considerate and thoughtful towards me, I could hardly stand it. He then later told me to not go in his room because he was working on a surprise. After an hour he came out and told me to come and look.

He had cleaned his room and made his bed so it looked like this...


He had gone through all his drawers and organized everything so that we can now find his clothes more easily.


He even took my suggestion and made labels for each drawer so that we would know what items were in each one.


Can you speak closer to a mother's heart than to clean your room like this? I was so moved I was practically speechless. He knew how much I wanted to straighten those things so he took it upon himself to make it happen. He was honoring me in such a special way. God could not have given me a sweeter boy than this one. He is an amazing gift.

Here he is loving on his sister. He helps me with the girls every day. He is going to make the most incredible daddy.

9 comments:

  1. How precious! I love that last picture of him holding his baby sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...a boy after my own heart! The photo of him and Chloe is just precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Very sweet... I love to hear stories like this especially when they bless a friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenny this makes me so teary eyed. How precious! This totally speaks so highly not only of him...but you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, I just got goose bumps from reading this post. What an incredible son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zeke is quite the young man! He has been through a lot in his short life, but his compassion and loving nature is so refreshing. You are raising a fine young man and will make certain young lady very happy. Great job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, Zeke made me cry! Awesome kid! Awesome job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing that kids seem to know just what we need even when we don't express it to them. My kids seem to find ways to make my day on the days I need it most. Zeke sounds like an amazing little boy. I am so impressed how he took care of his sisters for so long without waking you. You and Brady are definitely doing a lot of things right with your children. Your story continues to impress and amaze me. God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete